Every now and then I stumble into blog posts explaining why linux is better. Some quite passionately reasonable some are arguably hilarious, so I have decided to make a list of bloggers who are telling you why linux is better. Take a deep breath, here is why:
1) Why Linux is Better: I guess people won’t switch to Linux because it’s free (as in free speech, they probably don’t care) or because it’s free (as in free beer, they probably think they didn’t pay for Windows), but because they see new, great features that Windows doesn’t have. So here are a few reasons why Linux rocks!
2) Why Linux is Getting Better: Ok, ok, I admit first that it depends on the use. But for desktop performance it surely has improved its foothold against the famous software monopoly that we have today.
3) Why is Linux Better?: In 200 6, Greg Kroah Hartman, a well known Linux Kernel expert, as able to declare that the following statement:
“Plug and Play in Linux is Still not at the Windows Level”
was not only incorrect, but that this statement:
“Linux supports more devices “out of the box” than any other operating system ever has”
If this is true, than why is it that people don’t know this?
I dunno. I guess people are just dumb. I mean, recent polls showed that a very large percentage of Americans believe in fairies. Or was it witches. Whatever.
4) Out of the mouth of babes: Linux is Better:It was hard to believe, but early Saturday morning my kids snuck downstairs, grabbed my laptop out of the bag and started using it for fun and games. What was more surprising was the fact that they chose my laptop running Fedora, rather than the family PC running Windows with all of the kids games and edutainment packages.
5) Top 10 List: Why Linux is Better Than Windows: Security – Linux is Open Source Software, while Windows is not. The simplest benefits of Open Source Code to demonstrate are increased security, reliability and functionality; because users of Open Source are readily able to identify and correct problems with the programs and to submit their own enhancements for incorporation into the program. Closed Source systems enjoy none of those benefits.
6) Why is Linux Better than Windows?: 1. Its fun to watch it boot.
7) 5 Reasons Linux is better than Windows: I’ve been using Linux for a while now and I have totally fallen for it. Why? I’ll tell you!
9) Why is the linux file hierarchy better?: There are many articles around the web about the differences between the windows file hierarchy and the linux one. One thing they don’t say is which one is better and why. My aim in this article is to show why the linux file hierarchy is a better model.
10) Linux is not only better than windows, it is also easier to install and maintain: I have never think about doing a comparison between Windows and Linux but, This post inspired me to write this comparison, side by side, specially where it says, that windows users says that “Linux is hard to install”, so I wanted to test it.
11) Yet another Windows Vista – Linux comparison : Which one is Better?: Linux is better, and, Windows has written longest suicide note in history with its Vista Content Protection Specification.
12) Five Ways Linux Is Better Than Vista: A user or sysadmin posts about problems with a brand new Vista PC on a support forum. Within minutes, a “helpful” soul suggests a fix: “Install Linux!”
13) Twenty-one Reasons Why Linux is Better: Perhaps you are in the process of buying new hardware, a new computer, or something like that, and hey, you have heard a little about Dell selling new computers with Linux Ubuntu pre-installed. Or you are perhaps thinking that your current Windows operating system is giving you the run around?
14) Ubuntu Linux Just Keeps Getting Better: Ubuntu is an African word that means “humanity to others” and Ubuntu Linux was created to pass that spirit onto computer users around the world. Ubuntu is based on Debian and is released roughly every six months (you can get more background information about Ubuntu’s development history and its founder Mark Shuttleworth from Wikipedia). In this review we’ll take a look at Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (code named Dapper Drake). Ubuntu come in builds for Intel x86, PowerPC, and AMD64-bit processors and community support via web forums is also available.
Last but not least, from your truely (myself)
15) 50 Reasons to Dump Windows: I wanted to write 5 reasons to dump windows over linux, but soon I was so overwhelmed by rush of reasons that I could find, that I ended up making a list of 50 reasons.