So today we will review our next tool Autoscan.
AutoScan is an application designed to explore and to manage your network. Entire subnets can be scanned simultaneously without human intervention. The objective of the program is to post the list of all equipment connected to the network. A list of ports preset is scanned for each equipment.
Some of the many Autoscan features include:
- Fast multithreaded scanning
- Automatic network discovery
- Extreme Low Bandwidth
- Entire subnets can be scanned simultaneously without human intervention
- Addition time-reality of the new machines put on the network
- Monitoring of equipement (router, server, firewall, …)
- Monitoring of network services (smtp, http, pop, …)
- Detection of the OS, brand and model known (Possibility to add an unknown equipment in the database)
- Ability to save the network state (XML)
- Intrusion Alert (If you active this function, the new equipments found will be considered as intruders)
- Samba share browser (Detects hidden shared resources)
- Telnet client
- Nessus client
- Doesn’t require administrative privileges
Last but not least it has a GUI frontend for the terminal haters.
Here is some screenshots of Autoscan in action scanning my LAN.
The scanning options of autoscan is very self-explanatory and “point and click” driven information. So need for complex sets of commands or any howto of how to click on an option.
pavsBacktrack 2 Hacking Tools