If you are like me who like to work on the terminal (bash) alot. Than you also find these bash editing shortcuts very usefull. Here is a list of some common bash editing shortcuts that has helped me over the
- Ctrl+A Move cursor to start of line.
- Ctrl+E Move cursor to end of line.
- Ctrl+F or Right Arrow Move cursor one position right.
- Ctrl+B or Left Arrow Move cursor one position left.
- Esc+F Move cursor one word right.
- Esc+B Move cursor one word left.
- Backspace Delete the character to the left of the cursor.
- Ctrl+D or Delete Delete the character under the cursor.
- Ctrl+T Transpose the character on which the cursor rests and the preceding character.
- Esc+T Transpose the word on which the cursor rests and the preceding word.
- Ctrl+K Delete from the cursor to the end of the line.
- Ctrl+X Backspace Delete from the cursor to the start of the line.