As most of you probably know by now that a “Hacker” group called “Anonymous” has setup a project called “Chanology” to take down Church of Scientology. You can listen to their gripe about COS (Church of Scientology) and why they are doing what they are doing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ
They have also setup up a project page which updates and show people how to help them with the DDOS:
From the page: http://partyvan.info/index.php/JMeter
Step By Step Guide:
- If you don’t have Java, get it here
- Get JMeter from one of the links below (Doesn’t matter which)
- Unzip it
- Get http://rapidshare.de/files/38400656/scientology.jmx.html – (mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?9dympd2ylmn)
- Go into the ‘bin’ folder and run ‘jmeter.bat’ (.sh for linux/macfags)
- Go to File -> Open, and select the scientology.JMX file
- Go to Run -> Start
- Watch results on the ‘Aggregate Report’ screen if you want.
[ This guide is for information purpose only, I, the site owner, do not encourage people to go about and follow these steps or Chanology in anyway to carry this attack, or any attack to any organization or any person. If you agree to follow these steps and help them carry this attack you are fully responsible for any consequences whatsoever. This act is illegal in many states and countries. ]
Using Jmeter itself is not illegal but using scientology.JMX definition file and carrying out the stress process can be illegal!!
Screenshot of Jmeter with scientology.JMX loaded:
Screenshot of activity in irc.partyvan.org channel #xenu :