PDFCrack is a GNU/Linux (other POSIX-compatible systems should work too) tool for recovering passwords and content from PDF-files. It is small, command line driven without external dependencies.
- Supports the standard security handler (revision 2 and 3) on all known PDF-versions
- Supports cracking both owner and userpasswords
- Both wordlists and bruteforcing the password is supported
- Simple permutations (currently only trying first character as Upper Case)
- Save/Load a running job
- Simple benchmarking
- Optimised search for owner-password when user-password is known