Sysprof is a sampling CPU profiler for Linux that uses a kernel module to profile the entire system, not just a single application. Sysprof handles shared libraries and applications do not need to be recompiled. In fact they don’t even have to be restarted.
Just insert the kernel module and start sysprof.
- Profiles all running processes, not just a single application
- Has a simple graphical interface
- Shows the time spent in each branch of the call tree
- Profiles can be loaded and saved
- Easy to use: Just insert the kernel module and start sysprof
- Supports Fedora debuginfo packages